The following instructions outline the setup process for OpenVPN connection on Linux Manjaro 18 (with Plasma by KDE):
1. Download the Anonine configuration file(s) here
2. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract"
3. Remove all blank spaces from configuration file name or replace them with underscore. This is required because of Network manager bug.
4. Open the "Terminal"
5. To check and install(if not already installed) Openvpn and it's dependencies - type following commands one by one:
pacman -Q networkmanager-openvpn
If networkmanager for OpenVPN is installed, you should see:
networkmanager-openvpn 1.8.6-1 ( your version could be different)
If networkmanager isn't installed, run:
pacman -S networkmanager-openvpn systemctl restart networkmanager
6. Click on the "Networks" icon in bottom right corner and click on "Configure networks connection" button
7. Click on the plus icon to add new VPN connection
8. Select "Import a VPN connection" and then click "Create"
9. Select the Anonine .ovpn configuration file of server you would like to connect to from the downloaded and extracted files in Step 1-3.
10. Enter your Anonine username and password. Click "Apply" and then click "OK"
11. Select the connection you just added and click "Connect"
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to Anonine.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing & setting up your Linux Manjaro computer to connect to the Anonine VPN servers, please contact our Support Team anytime.