In order to access content on your AppleTV that is only accessible via a VPN connection, such as content restricted by the viewer's location, we recommend using the AirPlay Mirroring feature on your Apple TV device, which simply allows you to stream wirelessly between your devices connected to Anonine and AppleTV.
The first thing you will need to do is ensure that AirPlay is enabled on your Apple TV. To do this; access you Apple TV's settings, select "AirPlay", and select "ON".
Next, ensure that your Apple TV and the device / Mac OS X laptop or desktop you will be mirroring are connected to the same WiFi network. If they are not on the same network, you will not be able to connect them.
How to use AirPlay Mirroring With Your iOS 7 Device (iPhone, iPad) & Anonine:
- On your iOS 7 device, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access the Control Center, then tap on the AirPlay icon.
- Tap on the name of the Apple TV that you wish to connect to
- Turn on Mirroring. What is displaying on your device's screen will now be displayed on the Apple TV you have connected to.
- Connect to Anonine on your iOS device
- Once you have successfully connected to Anonine, open the content you wish to access, and the content will start to stream to your Apple TV.
How to use AirPlay Mirroring With Your Mac OS X Computer & Anonine:
Click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar on your computer, then choose the name of an Apple TV under "Connect To AirPlay Display." The icon is blue when your Mac is using an AirPlay display, or use Displays preferences: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then choose the Apple TV from the AirPlay Display menu at the bottom of the window.
Connect to the Anonine server/location you wish to access content from.
Start viewing your content. The content displaying on your computer will now be streamed to the Apple TV you are connected to
If you have any questions about using Anonine with your Apple TV, or require assistance; please contact Anonine Support anytime.