OpenVPN Ubuntu 14.04 Setup Guide
The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure Anonine using OpenVPN on your Ubuntu 14.04 computer:
2. Right-click the downloaded file and select "Extract Here":
3. Install the OpenVPN spftware on your system. Click on "Dash Home" and search for "Ubuntu Software Center":
4. Search for "network-manager-openvpn-gnome" and click "Install":
5. You will be prompted for administrative credentials:
6. The software will now be installed on your system:
7. Configure OpenVPN to use with Anonine's servers. Click on the Network-Manager icon, and then VPN Connections:
8. Select "Add":
9. Select "OpenVPN" for Choose Connection Type:
10. Select the Anonine server you would like to connect to from the downloaded configuration files in Step 2.
11. Enter the following details:
- Connection name: Anonine ServerLocation (Ie. Anonine Paris)
- Gateway: Copy the configuration file you wish to use here. OpenVPN Configuration Files may be downloaded from your Account Area anytime.
- Authentication Type: Select Password; then enter your Anonine username and password below
- Click on CA Certificate: Download the CA Certificate from http://anonine.com/static/ca.crt, and click Open.
13. Verify that Custom Port matches the config file; check the remote string within the config file to confirm, then click "OK":
17. Click "Save":
18. If you would like to add more than one Anonine server / location; please repeat Steps 9 - 17.
19. Click "Close":
20. To connect to the Anonine server(s) you have added; click on "Network-Manager", then "VPN Connection", then the server you wish to connect to (Ie, Anonine Chicago USA):
Once your connection is successful; you will see the following message:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to Anonine..
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing & setting up your Android device to connect to the Anonine VPN servers; please contact our Support Team anytime.