OpenVPN iOS Setup Guide
The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure Anonine using OpenVPN on your iOS device:
1. Download the OpenVPN Connect app from the Apple App Store to your iOS device(s):
2. Download the Anonine OpenVPN protocol configuration files here. You may select only certain servers / locations to you wish to connect to, or all servers / locations that we offer, upon completing your configuration file selection; download the files to your computer.
3. Add the configuration files to your device:
- To download your files directly to your iOS device; please visit the link above (https://anonine.com/en/account/server-info). Please be advised that if you do choose to download the configuration files directly to your iOS device; you will need to download an additional app which will enable you to extract .zip files on your device as iOS does natively perform that task.
- To transfer the configuration files to your device upon downloading to your PC via eMail or iTunes Sync; follow the steps below:
- Send the downloaded configuration files (extracted from the downloaded .zip file) as an attachment by email to an account on which you have access via the Mail app on your iOS device
- Open the email sent containing the configuration .zip file in Mail on your iOS device.
- Open the attachment(s) using the OpenVPN app
- Download selected files to your PC
- Open iTunes on your PC, select the device you are configuring OpenVPN
Under “Settings”; select “Apps”
Scroll down to “File Sharing”, and select “OpenVPN”, and click “Add”:
- Select the .zip file containing the Anonine configuration files you downloaded, and click “Add”.
- Click “Sync” to sync the files via iTunes to your iOS device.
4. Import the configuration file(s) into the OpenVPN app under "NEW PROFILES ARE AVAILABLE..."; Click the "+" located to the right of the available configurations to proceed:
5. Enter your Anonine username and password, and select "Save" to save this information for future use:
6. To initiate your connection to the newly added server; swipe the Connection toggle to the right of your device:
Once you have successfully connected; the status will show as "Connected", and a VPN icon will appear along the status bar on your device:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to Anonine.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing & setting up your iOS device to connect to the Anonine VPN servers; please contact our Support Team anytime.